Frassinelle Polesine

Loading…
  • Localization of the territory

  • Ca’ Pesaro now Mioni

  • Town Hall

Visitors can enjoy the peaceful countryside by walking or cycling along the numerous paths.

Churches and places of worship


Church of S. Maria Assunta
chiesasbartolomeo
This church in the Frassinelle municipality was built recently, in the 20th century. The bishop allowed its construction with the decree of August 15th 1957. In the ceremony of September 22nd 1957, Guido Maria Marzocco, the bishop, officially blessed the new church’s cornerstone. (Via Giacomo Matteotti, 141 – Frassinelle Polesine)

 

 


chiesasmariaassuntaSt. Bartholomew Church

This parish church is located in the Church hamlet of Frassinelle Polesine. The religious building was rebuilt in neoromantic style after the 1951 flood. The original building, damaged by the disaster, dated back to the 15th century and was designed by Pellegrineschi the engineer.  (Piazza G. Marconi, 290 – Frassinelle Polesine)

 

 

oratoriochiesasteresaOratory Church of Saint Therese
The Oratory of St. Therese and of Baby Jesus is in the Caporumiatti hamlet. It was built by the local families in the thirties. It was dedicated to St. Therese of Lisieux, a nun in Alençon and a Carmelite in the Lisieux monastery. The small church was decorated with sacred icons of Our Lady of Pompeii and of Christ. The icons were donations from private individuals. In 1947 a relic of St. Therese was added. 
(Via Givanni Monti, – Frassinelle Polesine)

 

 

oratoriosmariaassuntaOratory of S. Maria Assunta
This religious building is right by Ca’ Pesaro. The two buildings are connected by a 16th century arch. This oratory was built by the nobleman Leonardo Pesaro, who requested it from Bishop Soffietti. The interior features a frescoed ceiling. (Via Cesare Battisti – Frassinelle Polesine)

 

 

 

oratorioslorenzoOratory and memorial of St. Lawrence on the Pass
This holy place was built toward the end of the 16th century. It was requested by Andrea Toletto and built by Bishop Loreto. The oratory was built to celebrate and listen to the mass, as the other churches were far away. It was originally dedicated to St. Francis. Its appearance is modern because of renovations. (SP23bis -Frassinelle Polesine)

 

 

Shrine of Our Lady of Montegrappa
It was built in the 20th century, as a memorial to those fallen in World War I.  
(Frassinelle Polesine)

 

Places of interest

capesaromioniCa’ Pesaro now Mioni
This rural complex is comprised of a mansion, an oratory, and a servant building. The latter is held up by nine arches, and the time of its construction is hard to pinpoint because of subsequent renovations. It’s connected to the oratory of S. Maria Assunta by a 16th century arch that bears the Dolfin coat of arms. A brick wall separates it from the street. Its age is hard to pinpoint because of renovations, but it’s presumably from the 16th century. It was first owned by the Dolfin, then by the Pesaro, until the early 1800s. It was then property of the Gradenigo, in the 1900s it was owned by the Nani Mocenigo counts, and its final owners are the Mioni. (Via Cesare Battisti – Frassinelle Polesine)

 

sedemunicipaleTown Hall
It was built in the 19th century. After World War II it was restructured multiple times to create new spaces for various public activities. (Piazza del Popolo – Frassinelle Polesine)

 

 

 

casadelpopoloHouse of the People
This building is in front of the Town Hall. It was built between 1925-1930 by the citizens, who contributed work and money. It was the seat of the local branch of the National Fascist Party. It was later used as a theatre, as a cinema and as a dance hall. (Piazza del Popolo – Frassinelle Polesine)

 

 

 

History

Frassinelle was first mentioned in a document from the first half of the 10th century. Here it’s called Fraxineta Valley, a name that comes from the Fraxinoni canal that runs in the Fosse Filistine area. The first settlements, however, date back to the 1400s. Ercole, duke of Este, granted these swamplands to those that would farm them. The Este rule lasted until 1507, when, along with the Ferrara duchy, it was annexed to the Church State. Under the papal rule, which lasted for two centuries, there was some economic growth. This is evidenced by the remarkable ceramics of that time. Under the French rule it was art of the Lower Po department. With the Austrians, in 1815, it became part of the Rovigo province together with all the Ferrara plains. The Austrian rule was strongly opposed by the inhabitants, as it was characterized by famines. In 1866 Frassinelle was annexed to the Kingdom of Italy, and in 1870 it became a municipality. Recent history includes the two World Wars and the disastrous Po flood of 1951. This led many to migrate to safer and more advanced countries.

 

Useful information

COMITATO PROVINCIALE U.N.P.L.I. ROVIGO
Piazza del popolo, 192
Tel. 0425 701424 – 345 4636045 – Fax 0425 404136
e-mail: unplirovigo@libero.it
www.unplirovigo.it

Pro Loco Frassinelle Polesine
Via Roma, 349
Tel. 0425 433953 – 345 4636045 – Fax 0425 933560
e-mail: prolocofrass@libero.it

EVENTS : 

Veterans Feast
April 25 – By the elementary school
Dinner together

Fish Festival
June – By the elementary school
Food stands, shows, music and dance

Beer festival
August – By the elementary school
Food stands, shows, music and dance

Grandparent’s party
October – By the elementary school
Dinner together