Churches and places of worship
Church of St. Sebastian
It was built by Turolla family, which was committed to providing a dowry to its Rector, and to maintaining the buildings’ efficiency. In those times, the population couldn’t reach the church of Arquà Polesine, under whose jurisdiction they were, due to the roads’ bad condition. A church had to be built nearby. This became a new parish, with a baptismal font, a bell tower, a cemetery, a rectory. The new church was consecrated on January 29th 1500. It had a single nave, a presbytery and a choir, five altars and a baptismal font. It was remodeled multiple times, the last being in 1822. Starting in 1927 the rights of the Turolla family were pronounced expired by the bishop Rizzi. (Località “Chiaviche” – Via Ronchegalli – Bosaro)
Oratory of Our Lady of Lourdes
1935 – Inside, on background of the main altar, is the cave of Lourdes, by Msgr. Hannibal, with a plaster statue of the Immaculate Virgin. (Via Bosco del Monaco – Bosaro)
Oratory of the Madonna del Carmine ( Località “Chiaviche” – Via Ronchegalli – Bosaro)
The first masonry building dates to the 15th century. During this century the Turolla family built their abode in Bosaro, changing the village. Its history is the same as that of the nearby town of Polesella. It was a territory of the Este duchy until 1484, when it was conquered by the Venetians in the Salt War, also known as the Ferrara War. In the following years the Turolla family took it upon themselves to build a new church. Bosaro became an independent parish in 1497, separating itself from Arquà. A census, carried out by the church authorities because of this new parish, reported approximately 400 worshippers.
The fall of the Venetian Republic in 1797 at the hands of Napoleon marked a new annexation. With the Treaty of Campoformio, Bosaro and all the Venetian territory became part of the Austrian empire, after a brief period of independence. On March 18th 1805, with the Treaty of Pressburg, Austria gave the Venetian Province back to France. On May 26th, Napoleon, now emperor of France, crowned himself King of Italy in Milan by donning the Iron Crown. Thus Bosaro was once again controlled by the French as a part of the Napoleonic Kingdom of Italy.
The second French rule lasted until the fall of Napoleon. On April 20th 1814 Veneto and thus Bosaro, were returned to the Hapsburgs. That same month these lands became part of the Austrian Empire. In 1815 the Austrians formed the Kingdom of Lombardy-Venetia. Bosaro then followed the historical vicissitudes of the Polesine and of Rovigo. In 1866 Veneto was annexed to the kingdom of Italy as a result of the Third War of Independence.